Engelsberg Summer School in Classical Architecture (1-29 July 2018)
A four week intensive programme taught by leading practitioners andacademics of modern classical architecture held at a UNESCO World Heritage Sitein the beautiful Swedish countryside.
- lectures on the classical architecturalOrders and their history, mythology, details, and application in design;
- talks from visiting speakers on controversialsubjects associated with classical architecture such as modernity, technology,and symbolism;
- tuition in hands-on skills, measured andfreehand drawing, three-dimensional modelling and hand-drawn architecturaldraughtsmanship;
- two design projects, one theoretical, theother based on real sites in an area that will be visited during the course;
- a four-day trip to Stockholm where studentswill get to know the city and its highly influential early twentieth centuryclassical architecture, known as ‘Swedish Grace’.